01. What is Computer Generated Architectural Visualization / Rendering?
Computer Generated (CG) Architectural Visualizations & Renderings are Photo-Realistic Perspective Stills, Rendered Floor Plans & Elevations, QTVR’s, Animations, Walkthroughs, etc, which are very helpful in marketing your creative ideas and convincing prospective clients about the project viability before their physical execution.
02. Why are CG Architectural Visualizations / Renderings far superior when compared to Traditional, Manual Renderings?
CG Architectural Visualizations / Renderings are more scientifically accurate and photo-realistic if compared to their manual counterparts. Real-life materials and textures can be applied to the simulated model to generate a photo realistically accurate image. Use of real life entourages adds to the realism of the image. CG Architectural Visualization / Rendering also give the client the freedom to experiment and change the colors and materials at any point of time. They also offer the opportunity to revert back to the original or intermediate scheme(s) at any point of time prior the final output. It is also possible to create multiple images of the same project by either zooming in / out with the camera or by moving the camera to a new location to obtain different snapshots of the same project. In the case of traditional manual renderings, any of these changes will mean that it has to be redone from the start.
03. What is the Purpose of CG Architectural Visualizations / Renderings?
Computer Generated Architectural Visualizations / Renderings can be used to:
- Generate Photo Realistic Visualization / Rendering, for client presentations and also for marketing the design concept.
- Analyze colors, materials and finishes in conjuncture with each other as applied on the final end product (proposed building or concept development) much before commencement of the project.
- Study the proposed development under simulated lighting conditions.
- Create a virtual life-like walkthrough experience for the clients.
04. Explain CG Architectural Visualizations / Renderings Process Life Cycle?
The steps involved in generating the Visualization / Rendering are:
- Conversion of 2D drawings (manual or digital) to 3D model.
- Application of colors, materials & textures.
- Simulation of real life-like day / night lighting conditions.
- Generation of shadows and reflections to achieve photo realism.
- Addition of elements such as foliage, vegetation, furniture, accessories, human beings, vehicles, clouds etc for the final picture perfect output.
05. How do you execute the CG Architectural Visualizations / Renderings project?
- Clients provide 3D.CR with project details in the form of DWG / DXF / PDF files. Additional details can also be given as sketches.
- Based on the input provided 3D.CR will define the project scope, deliverables, time-line and propose a project quote along with milestones and feedback/approval requirements from the client to complete the project successfully.
- Based on written proposal approval and receipt of initial payment, at 3D.CR we usually require a 50% down payment we start the project work.
- We will send sets of draft image(s) for your approval / feedback, with watermarking.
- After receiving your feedback we will incorporate them and resubmit the modified draft image(s) for your approval / feedback, with watermarking.
- You review the requested changes and get us additional feedback, if needed.
- We resubmit the modified draft image(s) for your final approval.
- Lastly, we begin with the final high-resolution output and send you the final hi-res updated draft image(s), with watermarking.
- You send us the balance payment.
- Upon receipt of the final payment, the final high-resolution output as approved by the client, will be delivered through our secure FTP service, without watermarking.
06. How long does it take to my 3D project?
The duration of a normal paced average size project is around 5 – 7 business days. However each project is different, therefore we need all requested details and client feedback/interim approvals in a timely manner to deliver each project on the exact delivery date.
07. How can I pay for my 3D project?
Our preferred mode of receiving payment is by Debit or Credit Card, PayPAL and Bankwire.
08. What client inputs are required and needed?
The requirements are very basic, but timely client feedback, input and approvals are crucial:
- Drawings such as floor plans, site plan, roof plan, elevations, sections in DWG / DXF (CAD) format. CAD format drawings are preferred (but not restricted to) as compared to scanned manual drawings or PDF files.
- Colors / Materials / Finishes to be used in the project, marked on the drawing input with a legend of finishes. Colors can be specified as color values for paints. Scanned photo images of any material such as tile / stone / fabric, et cetera would be very helpful. This will help us to generate real life-like materials / colors in our Visualization / Rendering.
- Site photograph is optional, if you require the proposed Visualization / Rendering to be superimposed on the actual site (Photo-Montage). In this case we would require a high-resolution digital image taken from an angle / viewpoint from which you want the proposed Visualization / Rendering perspective.
- Other Inputs such as output format (JPEG, TIFF, AVI, et cetera), required printout size and will also be required.
09. What type of output will I get from 3D.CR?
The output provided is based on your project requirements. We generally prepare high resolution jpeg images which can be printed using any imaging software as your final output.
10. I have an idea… can you design it for me?
Our in-house designers can help you get your idea from a sketch to a realistic 3D Design.
11. Are the images shown on your site photographs?
We've been asked that question many times, either by fellow creatives or during client meetings.
Yes, they are CG (computer generated) images and no photographs.
Click here and enjoy a tour through our Wireframes Gallery.
12. How does 3D.CR creates such amazing images?
We establish our project teams with the best possible team member combination of skills for the project in mind and a wide spectrum of state-of-the-art software solutions to get the specific project requirements done fast and compliant with the highest standard of accuracy.